Unfortunately, after returning home from work, I haven't had the chance to play more with the DVD recorder... our nephew came up to go hunting with my guy tomorrow so they're hanging out and I'm on the computer. To continue my queenly domestic status, I bought some new curtains for the dining room; finally some that are more my taste.
The curtains are a step in preparing for my folks to visit at Thanksgiving. Originally, I told them not to come as my guy will be hunting and I would be working/preparing for finals. Did they listen? Of course not, but now I'm looking forward to the time... they just recently moved out west and have a load of stuff for me, including my upright bass that I've had FOREVER (since I was 10)! That's the only thing I know for sure that will be here, and even though I haven't played it in over 6 years, I'm so excited about it. It's akin to riding a bike, right? Once I pick up the bow, I'll be fine- every so often I still have dreams in which I'm playing. I do like playing my bass guitar, but it's just not the same.
For those who are just as musically obsessed as I am, you'll understand when I say that having my bass here is another form of therapy.
With that, I will bid you adieu and bon soir as I need to give my chessies some attention and playtime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment