feeling a bit better, slowly getting needed tasks done today. Nothing beats sleeping in a bit later with a warm "puppy" curled right up to me on each side.
I had some seriously weird people to assist yesterday; man this doesn't bode well for the rest of the fourth quarter! Generally, my experience in retail has always been pretty positive, but all it takes is for one whacked out person to ruin a good day. Yesterday though provided some anecdotes. I had not one, but TWO, different customers actually yell at the people in line behind them for touching their items as the others tried to put their stuff on the belt. these two customers didn't seem particularily cranky and were nice to me, so it was just funny. Later in the evening had a jesus freak bemoan the fact that their father hadn't accepted faith as she has, that whole spiel. At these times, I just try to go kind of deaf as I'm the last person to want to open that can of worms. I'll probably tick that one off for my standard happy holidays greeting. whatever.
I should have my bass here in three days! I may try and bring it to the local music store and do a trade in for a new upright sometime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to "retail hell"...it'll suck the holiday joy right out of you!
Really thinking of a trade-out on your old bass? Ouch! Wow, hope the hubby watches his step or he could be next!
Post a Comment